MUTAAYA S. ABU-BAKER
DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICER
Mandate of the Department
To provide technical support, guide, coordinate and promote quality education, training and sports to all persons in Rakai District
1. To ensure universal and equitable access to quality basic education for all children through:
- Early Childhood Care and Development for children up to 8 years.
- Universal Primary Education for children from 6 years to 12 years
- Education for the disadvantaged groups from 6 years to 18 years
2. To improve the Quality of Education in the following levels:-
- In Primary Education by ensuring pass rates in literacy and numeracy (at the appropriate class grade) levels through the National Assessment of Progress of Education (NAPE).
- In Post-primary Education by ensuring achievements and attainment of targets and pass rates in English, Mathematics, Science and Information Technology.
3. To ensure equal access by Gender, District and Special Needs at all levels of Education.
4. To build capacity of districts by helping Education Managers acquire and improve on their knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to be able to plan, monitor, account and perform managerial functions.